Dajukebox is a windows based application and only runs on windows machines. We tested dajukebox on windows7, windows vista and window xp. And it all seems to work fine. However we recommend using windows7 as your operating systems, as this is the bases for our development environment and main testing.
Some additional requirements on using dajukebox in windows are:
- Availability of the windows wingdings font and windows webdings font. These are normally installed with windows7 so you wouldnt have to worry about it. But if you removed these fonts then you will have problems displaying certain information.
- To burn certain audio formats (aac, ape, flac, ogg) you will need to install the appropriate audio codecs. We recommend the Core codecs packs, but there are many alternatives to this codec pack. To read more on codec packs please see our frequently asked questions section.
- To play certain audio formats (aac, ape, flac, ogg) without the bass dll libraries you will also need to install the appropriate audio codecs. Again we recommend the Core codecs packs. To read more on codec packs please see our frequently asked questions section.
- To use the burn control you will need administration access to register the control. The control is located in the sub directory "plugins" and can be registered with regserv32 /s startburnx.dll. To read more on registering the burn control please see our frequently asked questions section.
- And last but not least you will need a directory with full read and write access to be able to store new databases and playlists.